Brownlee Archives - Page 3 of 7 - Colony BMX
Alex and myself spent the past couple of days driving to Brisbane from Melbourne. Unfortunately we had no luck with the weather once we left Canberra but had fun none the less! Here are a few random shots from the drive up. Hit us on Instagram to see more random happenings. @colonybmxbrand
Coops just got back from a filming trip in Adelaide, he has a heavy schedule this year for trips and although he spends alot of his time behind the lens he still gets out there in front of it at every chance possible. Keep an eye out for him all over the country clocking clips.
Yo yo !!
Myself, Mick and Zac just got back from a filming trip in Canberra and Sydney. It was crazy hot pretty much everyday but we manage to come home with alot of good clips. Both these guys will have web videos dropping early 2013 which I am hyped to finish and edit up. Here are a few random shots from our Instagram during the trip.
A mixture of riding clips from a bunch of the team along with an overview of our 2013 Premise complete bike which is available worldwide right now!
I thought it would be good to get all the guys from our Woodward West adventure to give everyone a few good memories from the trip. It seems the guys had the same feeling I had which was that everyone instantly gelled together like we had known everyone for years. Have a read, watch the web video and if your hyped on it help us out and go here to vote for it. Thanks!
– Bloody Chris Courtenay doing his hangfive to foot jam drop in, to me it was so crazy, so high and so smooth.
– Driving there in the RV and getting two flats in one day, spending the night in a random small town and riding there local park and going to the movies by myself. Got everything fixed the next day and driving to camp to meet up with everyone. Random 24 hours haha.
– Me trying for hours to land a new trick, 270 footjam tail whip, and one of the awesome campers Kaden Weaver staying there the whole time watching me land it. He was even cool enough to bring me a bottle of water.
Seeing Alex win everyone’s money at dice. Haha.
– Getting to meet for the first time, some of the new guys on the team – Jourdan Barba, Bobbie Altiser & Brandon Van Dulken. All of which are freaking awesome guys. They fit in with everyone else so well. Stoked.
– Woodward is an awesome place to hang there with all the campers and just ride everyday was perfect. Pitty I injured my hand only a few days into it but good times none the less. Thanks to all my team riders, all the campers & Woodward staff for making this such a good trip.
– Ryan being so patient and relaxed after all of the tires on his RV gave up one after another. I was really impressed that he kept smiling and made the best out of it.
– Meeting Bobbie, Jourdan and Brandon was awesome and seeing Bobbie pulling a quad nosepick tailwhip was one moment where I couldn’t find the right “yeah” to justify what I’d witnessed.
– One of the campers (who also lives in Portland) came up and said “you guys don’t act like pros, you act like friends” was a huge compliment and it made me appreciate my teammates even more and it remembered me when I first met the everyone on the team in 2011 for the tour. Everyone felt like being friends for years.
– My best memories from Woodward would be how stoked the kids were to ride with us, it was awesome shredding and teaching them new grinds to try! Also how much of a lady’s man lil Alex is, he probably got 10 kisses on the cheek without trying haha.
– Bonding with all of you and feeling so welcome. Also, the campers were great. Can’t forget learning about sneaky finger and Australian cee-lo!!
– My best memories were playing this game with Ryan when we see a stranger we don’t know we pretend we know them and call out “Kevin” Or “crazy Kev from AFL” until they look and try and convince them that we knew them.
It was also amazing to chill with the team again, always a pleasure to hang with Ryan, Stretto, Millar, Coops, Paddy and everyone that I don’t usually get to see!! It was also rad to meet three new amazing friends and additions to the Colony family, Bobbie, Jourdan and Brandon.
– Straight up when bobbie just comes hammering down the hanger and sends a flair out of nowhere! From doing a quad whiplash (nosepick whatever Clint calls them) haha but he just proved himself more of a legend than he already was!
– The kid who told all the girls he was Alex’s best mate to pick up girls! Hahaha gold.
Brandon Van Dulken
– It was awesome meeting and getting to know everybody! Great vibes with great people. Can’t ask for much more.
– My best memories would have to be just meeting the new guys on the team. Jourdan, Bobbie and Brandon. They are all ridiculously good on the bike and even better people off it. Was almost as though you had known them for years.
– Also watching Bobbie just huck flairs after only just trying them into the pit a couple of times one night. Dude is a maniac haha. Was awesome!
Back In early September 2012 Ryan Guettler, Chris Courtenay and Clint Millar headed over to the UK for 9 days. We met up with UK riders Liam Vance and Sam Davies-Bate and trekked a ridiculous amount of kilometres to a bunch of cool BMX shops and parks hanging out with anyone that was out and about.
Thanks to all the riders and shops that we met and also to Tabletop Distribution for planning it all out. Check out issue 169 of Ride UK for an article from the trip along with 2020 BMX Magazine in Australia. The photos used in the intro were from the riders we hung out along with the team via instagram #colonybmxuk
Cooper recently put together a new setup, here’s the deal.
Frame: 20.75 Miner.
Grips: Much Room.
Cranks: Colonial V2.
Pedals: Fantastic Plastic.
Sprocket: Official 23t.
Seat/Post: Shield Combo.
Tyres: Agenda 1.95 rear, 2.15 front.
Yo yo !!
We put together this video of the 2013 Colony Inception complete bike so that you can see all the key features to the it. We also hooked up a bunch of clips from some of the team guys to top it off! Read more about the bike here, it’s available worldwide right now!
We are very excited to be heading over the the United Kingdom for a week! Myself, Ryan Guettler, Chris Courtenay and Clint Millar will be over there hitting up some shops and riding parks along with Anton McGuirk, Sam Davies-Bate and Liam Vance. Thanks to Tabletop for helping out with the trip. Make sure you get out and come say hi at one of the stops or if you see us at your local park. We also want to get everyone involved so if you use Instagram, take some photos whilst you are out and about with us and #colonybmxuk so we can see them all. No doubt we will have plenty of giveaways for riders along the way aswell.
Available now worldwide. An insight into the 2013 Colony Endeavour complete bike along with some riding clips of Brock Olive, Cooper Brownlee, Marnold, Paddy Gross, Chris Courtenay, Ryan Guettler and Alex Hiam. Read more about the bikes here.
A few months back myself, Liam, Marnold and Brock headed over to Shanghai, China for the Asian X-Games. If you were following via the site you would know we had some crazy issues with missing bikes and Brock getting hurt but all in all it was a fun trip and this is the video we made from the days we spent riding after the comp was done. Thanks again to the locals for helping us out.
Make sure you grab the next 2020 mag that comes out very soon for a full article about the trip. Check the preview below.