So last week Chris mentioned he had nearly finished a new web video, then today I get a text saying the video is done and will be online tonight, seems he was busy with Dylan O’Leary. Chris drops some solids in this, well worth 2 minutes and 51 seconds of your time.
Courtenay Archives - Page 4 of 7 - Colony BMX
We are very excited to announce the Follow the Lines Tour which will be commencing next week. This is basically a filming trip along with getting to hang out with a lot of new riders around the country. Being that it will be school holidays we will be visiting a few stores along the way and their local parks & trails even. Make sure you get out to one of the sessions at the shops and local park for plenty of giveaways!
For everyone in between, we will no doubt be hitting up more parks and spots, so keep an eye on our Instagram to see where we are are to catch up for a roll. Can’t wait for this to begin!
A good chunk of the team will be on various parts of the trip and we even have Brandon Van Dulken (Canada) and Jourdan Barba (USA) coming out for it! Both of which have never been here before, so that will be a treat for them & us !!
Chris sent through some photos of his dialed setup including the new prototype hubs.
Frame : Colony 2013 Teddy 20.85
Stem : Colony Official
Forks : Colony Dagger
Bars : Colony Talon
Cranks : Colony Colonial V2
Sprocket : Colony CC 25T
Pedals : Colony Fantastic Plastic
Seat : Colony Alex Hiam signature combo
Rims : Colony Contour rear, Colony prototype front
Hubs : Colony Wasp Prototype (out September, 2013 in Australia & Canada. Rest of the world November, 2013)
Grips: Colony Muchroom
Brakes & Levers: Colony Transformer
Bar Ends: Colony Konka
As you most likely know by now Chris was recently in France at the Fise contest, here is a quick run down from Chris about it all…
“What a week it’s been, I’m sitting at the local pizza shop as I write this. I’ve been out here in Montpellier, France for the Fise contest. Such a good vibe and easily the best contests I’ve been to by far. If anyone gets the chance to come I suggest you do. You won’t regret it! Finished up 12th in miniramp and 8th in park, super stoked on how I rode but it’s time for this mission of a flight home now! Peaceeeee.”
Chris Courtenay has been over in France at the FISE event this past weekend & did really well in a strong world class field. Chris placed 8th in Pro Park & 12th in Pro Mini Ramp, well done mate !! Check out Vital’s video below with Chris presenting & throwing down some CC moves on the mini ramp.
Yo yo !!
Chris Courtenay has head off on the peic flight from Australia to Europe to hit up the FISE event in France. Ryan Winterbotham from the UK is also heading over but has little bit less distance to travel. If you’re there & see the guys make sure you say g’day. Have fun over there Chris & Ryan !!
Yo yo !!
Courtenay sent through a quick update and a blasting photo…
I’ve been riding a heap of outdoor Gold Coast parks! Trying to finish up filming for my web edit when we get some good weather on the odd occasion! If you see us out come say whatup and have a shred. Peaceeeeee…
I’ve been riding a bunch lately trying to get up on some clips to finish off my latest edit! I didn’t end up making it over to simple session but I’m heading to Fise at the start of May which should be a heap of fun! To keep up with where I’m at or just say whatup follow me @chriscourtenay on Instagram
It’s Chris’s 22nd birthday today !! Hope you have a good one mate. Here is a collection of some of Chris’s videos past & present. Hip hip hooray !!
Yo yo !!
Chris Courtenay sessions Beenleigh park in Brisbane earlier this year and smashes out some serious clips.
A mixture of riding clips from a bunch of the team along with an overview of our 2013 Premise complete bike which is available worldwide right now!
It looks like the guys are having a ball on this trip, follow Sony on Facebook for constant updates and videos. Here is the latest one where both the guys kill it riding Nambucca Heads park.
I thought it would be good to get all the guys from our Woodward West adventure to give everyone a few good memories from the trip. It seems the guys had the same feeling I had which was that everyone instantly gelled together like we had known everyone for years. Have a read, watch the web video and if your hyped on it help us out and go here to vote for it. Thanks!
– Bloody Chris Courtenay doing his hangfive to foot jam drop in, to me it was so crazy, so high and so smooth.
– Driving there in the RV and getting two flats in one day, spending the night in a random small town and riding there local park and going to the movies by myself. Got everything fixed the next day and driving to camp to meet up with everyone. Random 24 hours haha.
– Me trying for hours to land a new trick, 270 footjam tail whip, and one of the awesome campers Kaden Weaver staying there the whole time watching me land it. He was even cool enough to bring me a bottle of water.
Seeing Alex win everyone’s money at dice. Haha.
– Getting to meet for the first time, some of the new guys on the team – Jourdan Barba, Bobbie Altiser & Brandon Van Dulken. All of which are freaking awesome guys. They fit in with everyone else so well. Stoked.
– Woodward is an awesome place to hang there with all the campers and just ride everyday was perfect. Pitty I injured my hand only a few days into it but good times none the less. Thanks to all my team riders, all the campers & Woodward staff for making this such a good trip.
– Ryan being so patient and relaxed after all of the tires on his RV gave up one after another. I was really impressed that he kept smiling and made the best out of it.
– Meeting Bobbie, Jourdan and Brandon was awesome and seeing Bobbie pulling a quad nosepick tailwhip was one moment where I couldn’t find the right “yeah” to justify what I’d witnessed.
– One of the campers (who also lives in Portland) came up and said “you guys don’t act like pros, you act like friends” was a huge compliment and it made me appreciate my teammates even more and it remembered me when I first met the everyone on the team in 2011 for the tour. Everyone felt like being friends for years.
– My best memories from Woodward would be how stoked the kids were to ride with us, it was awesome shredding and teaching them new grinds to try! Also how much of a lady’s man lil Alex is, he probably got 10 kisses on the cheek without trying haha.
– Bonding with all of you and feeling so welcome. Also, the campers were great. Can’t forget learning about sneaky finger and Australian cee-lo!!
– My best memories were playing this game with Ryan when we see a stranger we don’t know we pretend we know them and call out “Kevin” Or “crazy Kev from AFL” until they look and try and convince them that we knew them.
It was also amazing to chill with the team again, always a pleasure to hang with Ryan, Stretto, Millar, Coops, Paddy and everyone that I don’t usually get to see!! It was also rad to meet three new amazing friends and additions to the Colony family, Bobbie, Jourdan and Brandon.
– Straight up when bobbie just comes hammering down the hanger and sends a flair out of nowhere! From doing a quad whiplash (nosepick whatever Clint calls them) haha but he just proved himself more of a legend than he already was!
– The kid who told all the girls he was Alex’s best mate to pick up girls! Hahaha gold.
Brandon Van Dulken
– It was awesome meeting and getting to know everybody! Great vibes with great people. Can’t ask for much more.
– My best memories would have to be just meeting the new guys on the team. Jourdan, Bobbie and Brandon. They are all ridiculously good on the bike and even better people off it. Was almost as though you had known them for years.
– Also watching Bobbie just huck flairs after only just trying them into the pit a couple of times one night. Dude is a maniac haha. Was awesome!
Back In early September 2012 Ryan Guettler, Chris Courtenay and Clint Millar headed over to the UK for 9 days. We met up with UK riders Liam Vance and Sam Davies-Bate and trekked a ridiculous amount of kilometres to a bunch of cool BMX shops and parks hanging out with anyone that was out and about.
Thanks to all the riders and shops that we met and also to Tabletop Distribution for planning it all out. Check out issue 169 of Ride UK for an article from the trip along with 2020 BMX Magazine in Australia. The photos used in the intro were from the riders we hung out along with the team via instagram #colonybmxuk
Courtenay shot through an update of what’s been happening of late…
“I’ve Been riding as much as I can with all my homies down the Gold Coast and was in the works of filming a new edit with my man Jack Birtles until I did a heap of ligaments in my ankle trying to get crazy! Things were getting off to a good start but hopefully only another 4 weeks until I’m back on and can continue filmin! Here’s a screen grab of what we started on! Will keep you guys in the loop on how this injury is going!”
Courtenay took a slam on a flair whip the other night which ended in a fractured ankle. CC will be off the bike for 6 weeks so we wish him a speedy and solid recovery.
We put together this video of the 2013 Colony Inception complete bike so that you can see all the key features to the it. We also hooked up a bunch of clips from some of the team guys to top it off! Read more about the bike here, it’s available worldwide right now!