Stretton Archives - Page 3 of 5 - Colony BMX
We put together a video to show everyone the highlights of the 2014 Colony Endeavour along with some riding from a few of the team guys. These bikes are available now in Australia with the rest of the world getting them in September.
Yesterday was another good day. We started out in Maryborough & hit up some local street spots which turned out well. Then made the drive to Woodgate but stopped off in Childers on the way to hit some rails.
I was really wanting to show the guys Woodgate though, one for the awesome ramp & also to see the kangaroos that are always hanging right by the ramp. The local wildlife did not let us down & both Jourdan & Brandon got to see their first ever kangaroos. Some good riding went down from Chris as well with some solid stuff going down in the last specks of day light.
Today we are in Gladstone & will be at M1 Cycles at 11am then the park in town at midday. Come & say g’day !!
Yo yo !!
We are very excited to announce the Follow the Lines Tour which will be commencing next week. This is basically a filming trip along with getting to hang out with a lot of new riders around the country. Being that it will be school holidays we will be visiting a few stores along the way and their local parks & trails even. Make sure you get out to one of the sessions at the shops and local park for plenty of giveaways!
For everyone in between, we will no doubt be hitting up more parks and spots, so keep an eye on our Instagram to see where we are are to catch up for a roll. Can’t wait for this to begin!
A good chunk of the team will be on various parts of the trip and we even have Brandon Van Dulken (Canada) and Jourdan Barba (USA) coming out for it! Both of which have never been here before, so that will be a treat for them & us !!
Whilst I was in Brisbane recently I shot a few photos of Tom‘s current ride.
Frame : Colony 2013 Teddy 20.85″
Stem : Colony Official
Forks : Colony Guardian
Bars : Colony Teddy
Cranks : Colony Colonial V2
Sprocket : Colony CC 25T
Pedals : Colony Fantastic Plastic
Seat : Colony Fat Pivotal
Rims : Colony Contour 36
Hubs : Colony Clone
Post: Colony Pivotal
Grips: Colony Muchroom
Pegs: Colony Oneway Crmo
Tom Stretton gives you a very good insight into learning footjam tooth stalls, have a watch then get out there and learn them.
Myself, Clint, Alex, Tom and Dean are over in Perth for the week filming and heading to the Mandurah comp on the weekend. Today was a fun start to the trip hitting up a few parks and hanging out with local crew. Few random shots from the day, follow us on Instagram for some solid updates during the day/nights @colonybmxbrand
Tom recently got back to Sydney and shot through an update to go with this dialed nose wheelie sequence shot by Paul Kim… Follow both these guys on Insty! @tom_stretton and @tvpk
Hey errrrbody. Since I got back from Sydney I’ve just been hanging out around Brisbane riding and swimming in waterholes and such. Now I’m doing the Christmas thing with my family and its real good.
Speaking of Christmas, my best mate Shane Batchler is in Germany with his lady right now and Christmas is also his birthday. I’d like to say a big happy birthday to him, wish I was there having a beer with you mate! Have an awesome time.
Off to Nimbin this weekend guys so if you happen to be in the area come say g’day.
A mixture of riding clips from a bunch of the team along with an overview of our 2013 Premise complete bike which is available worldwide right now!
Tom shot though another update from his travels in Sydney…
“Hey all. Still in Sydney kicking around. I hadn’t planned on being here this long but last week the Dre Regli & his boys invited me on their Bondi trip as a special guest, so I just let the good times roll haha.
Was rolling around Bondi all weekend with those guys getting up to no good haha. However, all good things come to an end and everyone went their separate ways today.
Now, I’m just chilling out in Penrith catching up with my nan and my cousins. She’s a legend. I’ll be heading home if we don’t get to hit Dane Searle’s memorial jam this weekend. If you have the chance to get there than do it!
Just wanted to say a big thanks to Dre Regli and his boys for being so rad and having me along for the party! As always if you see us out riding come have a roll!”
I thought it would be good to get all the guys from our Woodward West adventure to give everyone a few good memories from the trip. It seems the guys had the same feeling I had which was that everyone instantly gelled together like we had known everyone for years. Have a read, watch the web video and if your hyped on it help us out and go here to vote for it. Thanks!
– Bloody Chris Courtenay doing his hangfive to foot jam drop in, to me it was so crazy, so high and so smooth.
– Driving there in the RV and getting two flats in one day, spending the night in a random small town and riding there local park and going to the movies by myself. Got everything fixed the next day and driving to camp to meet up with everyone. Random 24 hours haha.
– Me trying for hours to land a new trick, 270 footjam tail whip, and one of the awesome campers Kaden Weaver staying there the whole time watching me land it. He was even cool enough to bring me a bottle of water.
Seeing Alex win everyone’s money at dice. Haha.
– Getting to meet for the first time, some of the new guys on the team – Jourdan Barba, Bobbie Altiser & Brandon Van Dulken. All of which are freaking awesome guys. They fit in with everyone else so well. Stoked.
– Woodward is an awesome place to hang there with all the campers and just ride everyday was perfect. Pitty I injured my hand only a few days into it but good times none the less. Thanks to all my team riders, all the campers & Woodward staff for making this such a good trip.
– Ryan being so patient and relaxed after all of the tires on his RV gave up one after another. I was really impressed that he kept smiling and made the best out of it.
– Meeting Bobbie, Jourdan and Brandon was awesome and seeing Bobbie pulling a quad nosepick tailwhip was one moment where I couldn’t find the right “yeah” to justify what I’d witnessed.
– One of the campers (who also lives in Portland) came up and said “you guys don’t act like pros, you act like friends” was a huge compliment and it made me appreciate my teammates even more and it remembered me when I first met the everyone on the team in 2011 for the tour. Everyone felt like being friends for years.
– My best memories from Woodward would be how stoked the kids were to ride with us, it was awesome shredding and teaching them new grinds to try! Also how much of a lady’s man lil Alex is, he probably got 10 kisses on the cheek without trying haha.
– Bonding with all of you and feeling so welcome. Also, the campers were great. Can’t forget learning about sneaky finger and Australian cee-lo!!
– My best memories were playing this game with Ryan when we see a stranger we don’t know we pretend we know them and call out “Kevin” Or “crazy Kev from AFL” until they look and try and convince them that we knew them.
It was also amazing to chill with the team again, always a pleasure to hang with Ryan, Stretto, Millar, Coops, Paddy and everyone that I don’t usually get to see!! It was also rad to meet three new amazing friends and additions to the Colony family, Bobbie, Jourdan and Brandon.
– Straight up when bobbie just comes hammering down the hanger and sends a flair out of nowhere! From doing a quad whiplash (nosepick whatever Clint calls them) haha but he just proved himself more of a legend than he already was!
– The kid who told all the girls he was Alex’s best mate to pick up girls! Hahaha gold.
Brandon Van Dulken
– It was awesome meeting and getting to know everybody! Great vibes with great people. Can’t ask for much more.
– My best memories would have to be just meeting the new guys on the team. Jourdan, Bobbie and Brandon. They are all ridiculously good on the bike and even better people off it. Was almost as though you had known them for years.
– Also watching Bobbie just huck flairs after only just trying them into the pit a couple of times one night. Dude is a maniac haha. Was awesome!
T-Strett is on the road and sent in an update from his latest adventure…
So continuing our drive Friday we made it to a good friend John Young’s house. It’s always good to see John and beer immediately started going down a treat haha.
Yesterday was the Halloween jam and as I’ve always said it was the best day of the year. Had so much fun just riding with everyone and seeing the craziest shit go down. Ammon Chesworth is a menace to society haha.
So now we are just chilling in Sydney riding spots and parks having the best time ever. If you see us out come say g’day and have a roll. Peace!
Tom Stretton has hit the road on his way down south, read on below from the man himself.
Myself and a good mate of mine Tinny set off for a roadtrip down to Sydney Halloween jam today.
We have already hit a few parks including Nimbin where I don’t think I’ve ever ridden faster than I have in at snake run. If you’re ever near and get the chance it’s definitely worth it!
We will be hitting more parks and spots on our way down and in Sydney for the next few days. So if you see us come say what’s up. And follow me on instagram cause that would be deadly! haha @tom_stretton
Until next time, stay deadly!
Yo yo !!
Tom Stretton is the man. Plain & simple. Has been one of my favourite riders for a long time & to have him on the team is awesome. Such a good bloke as well. He recently just put together a new bike & you can check it out below in all it’s glory. Yes, he did pull that tooth pick variation & a couple times for Stewart Munro’s camera as well… thanks for the pics.
His Colony parts list is as follows…
Frame: 2013 Teddy 20.85″
Bars: Teddy V2 Bars
Spacer: Colony Adjustable
Grips: Much Room
Cranks: Colonial V2
Pedals: Fantastic Plastic
Sprocket: CC 25T
BB: Colony Mid
Front Wheel: Contour Rim with Clone Hub
Rear Wheel: Contour Rim with Clone Hub LHD
Rear Tyre: Agenda 2.15
Pegs: Oneway CrMo
Yo yo !!
T-Strett is on fire !! This one we filmed when in LA the other week & was a lot of fun. You gotta try this trick & if you are not laughing & smiling whilst doing it then something is wrong… it’s the funniest trick ever. Get to it !!
Thanks to the guys at Ride BMX & for the words below…
While kicking it with the Colony team a few weeks back, I overheard Peta Shepherd say to teammate Tom Stretton, “You should do a wheelbarrow on the banks,” while riding the famous White Banks in Los Angeles. I looked over, asked what a wheelbarrow was, and Tom immediately hopped on his bike, rode up to the banks, did some sort of running nosewheelie/whiplash on the banks and rode away. Soon after, we were all on our bikes trying to do it and simply put, having an absolute blast doing a simple and fun trick on flat ground and on the banks. After a bit of coercion, Tom was convinced to say a bit about the trick, and that leads to this week’s How To. Sure, this is a pretty easy trick to get done but as Tom proves, there’s plenty of ways to do it and I’m positive that someone will take this thing to a really creative and high level at some point. Until then, see Tom’s tips (in both normal English and the Aussie slang version) and get out and have some fun – Ride BMX.
Yo yo !!
Jack Birtles really did well with this edit of Tom. Such a good vibe throughout and it just makes you want to go ride your bike, enjoy!